They call it the windy city … Chicago. Trust me, I’ve been there when the wind is billowing and yes, it is windy to say the least. However, last week, it was a different wind that blew life into my sails and set me on an exciting new course. Last week I attended the first ever Creative Freelancer Conference in Chicago and I must say I learned some amazing things that I can’t wait to share with each of you.
First of all, a huge shout out must go to conference co-founders Illise Benun & Peleg Top, Dyana Valentine (girl, you have some energy!) and of course who could forget the Communicatrix, Colleen Wainwright – that’s only a few of the astounding people I met at the conference. Their enthusiasm for generating creative solutions that exceed clients’ expectations was infectious and in the weeks to come you’ll hear me talk about them even more.
With that said I want to get you thinking and give you a little teaser for things to come. Here’s a few questions to ponder …
- What is your company currently encountering, that makes daily success difficult?
- Do you struggle with time management?
- How can you effectively structure your week to get more done? (yes, you can do this!)
- What’s the best way to motivate your staff?
- Is social networking a good idea for your company? For you personally?